Bored? Do these things this spring

Callia Barwick

The weather is heating up, the flowers are blooming, and the birds are chirping. All of this meaning that spring is upon us. With spring officially upon us, many are wondering what is there to do on these beautiful days.

Being that we live in Youngstown, Ohio the first place to take a trip to is the Mill Creek Metroparks. When going to the the park, make your first stop at the Metroparks Farm. The farm is open from 10am-4pm every Monday through Sunday. When on the farm check out all of the different barns with all of the animals. Check out the baby animals and all of the many different scarecrows. Going to the farm is not the only thing you can do at the Metroparks.

The Metroparks also has many different hike and bike trails for you and your family to go on. You can run past beautiful scenery and enjoy the fresh air. These trails also lead to perfect spots to have picnics. The trails are open from dawn to dusk everyday. The park is not just the only places to go during the spring.

Mosquito Lake and Campgrounds is the perfect place to go during the springtime. Mosquito Lake is located in Warren,Ohio and is the perfect spot for a day of spring. Start the day off with a day on the boat enjoying some fishing and water skiing. After enjoying the lake, come back to the campgrounds and enjoy a nice cookout before heading to bed at the campsite. The lake is not the only place to enjoy the spring, take a car ride down to the Fellows Riverside Gardens to spend a day with the butterflies and the newly bloomed flowers.

Fellows Riverside Garden is located on 123 McKinley Ave, Youngstown, OH 44509. It is open from 10-5 Tuesday through Sunday and closed Monday. At the Garden’s you can see a beautiful array of flowers and spend a peaceful day in downtown. Not only at the gardens are there the flowers, but they also have a garden cafe serviced by Kravetz deli. Another bonus to the gardens is that it is free admission.

So from the farm, to the walking trails, to the lake to the gardens, there are multiple things to do for you and your family to do on a spring day in Youngstown, Ohio.

About the Writer
Callia Barwick, Junior Contributor

Volunteering your time can be difficult to do, especially when your busy with hobbies and activities in between. Callia Barwick, a junior at Canfield High...