The ultimate couple versus couple triathlon

In honor of prom season, and the ever persistent existential crisis that is young love, we decided to put a couple high school relationships to the test. We got together with another couple, and decided to challenge them to a competition. A duel. Atriathlon if you will.

In one day of break neck action we decided to see: which guy could correctly use his girlfriend’s makeup? Which team could answer the most correct questions about each other? And which girl could . . . be the best arms for the guy? *Insert dramatic gasp here.*

And yes . . . after a long fought battle, a victor emerged.

So join us in finding out which couple came out on top. Who achieved maximum adorableness? Which young dynamic duo proved that young love is not just a silly high school phenomena?

Also there was a VERY late promposal to open it all up, so there’s some added incentive to go watch some crazy people compete in a totally made up competition for the sole purpose of your entertainment.

Be sure to like, subscribe, comment, and most importantly enjoy! Of course any Cardinals that would like to fly over to YouTube, you may, and to everyone, thanks for watching! Until next time, stay quirky.

Music: bensound.com

About the Contributor
Jackson Horvat, Senior Contributor

Everyone, at some point in childhood, has to be an author, illustrator or both. An example of this being a 1-2 page children’s book about a rabbit who meets a turtle and they become friends. Canfield High School’s own, Jackson Horvat, has taken this innocent concept and prospered with it through childhood and into teenage years.

“Writing has always been that outlet that I go to. Even when I was little, I would write picture books to give to my parents… I continued that trend to chapter books, but I still used other people’s characters, like Spongebob, when I was younger,” said Horvat.

These early stages of toying around with other, already created characters was just a stepping stone for Horvat.

“When I was 11, my dad sat me down and said ‘look, why don’t you try and use some of your characters, stories and ideas for a change?’ and that is what started a craving of creating my own books,” said Horvat.

After conjuring up the plot of The Vortex Entrance, Horvat sent off to create and expand on his written universe.

“It was a process of writing, then setting it down for a while, then writing more and I did this until I was about 14. My dad started reading it and said that it was good enough to start looking for publishers.”

Horvat had his first book published in 2014 and since has been working on more content.

“My biggest inspiration for writing was just reading and wanting to do what brings me enjoyment.”

Jackson is currently working on book three of the series and is looking forward to a bright future as an author.

– Jared Cross