Avengers: Infinity War – a breakdown of the penultimate film to the MCU

Dread it. Run from it. Destiny still arrives.

With an 8.9 on IMDB, 84% on Rotten Tomatoes, and critical acclaim from all stretches of the world, it’s safe to say Avengers: Infinity War has arrived and made its considerable mark on the world, and nerds everywhere.

This penultimate film to the first ten years of the Marvel Cinematic Universe has made its mark on the world; both in amazing box office (over 600 million dollars opening weekend) and ratings records, and in taking us on one of the most amazing cinematic journeys ever to hit screens and make so many laugh, cheer, and sob their little hearts out!

So, of course, after two viewings for one of the DQ’s – *cough* Jackson *cough* – we decided to review the very anticipated Avengers: Infinity War. But, unlike our other reviews, this is a first for our interesting dynamic. For this review we have two very different perspectives: Taylor, who was literally given a vocal summary and ten minute video on all past Marvel movies so she could accompany her boyfriend on his second viewing of the film. And Jackson, a fan since the early days way back when Iron Man hit theatres and started it all, along with quite a bit of comic book knowledge to boot.

Two very different mindsets going in, but quite honestly, two very similar results coming out.

So watch as we give our take on one of the most ambitious films to ever be done, beginning the end of the first ten years of Marvel superhero adventures on the big screen.

Join us on our nerdy and not so nerdy review of Avengers: Infinity War. As well as we breakdown the multitude of shocking moments in the movie, and predict what we think we’ll see the next Avengers movie.

As always, be sure to drop a like, subscribe (especially our Cardinals that would like to become a Quirk!), and tell us what you thought of the movie! And be sure to go check out the new Avengers movie in theatres! You will laugh, you will cheer, and yes . . . you will cry. It is truly a cinematic journey.
Until next time, stay quirky!

Music: bensound.com
Marvel Theme: ALL RIGHTS GO TO MARVEL
Specific Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXRJ7ozUJb0

About the Contributor
Jackson Horvat, Senior Contributor

Everyone, at some point in childhood, has to be an author, illustrator or both. An example of this being a 1-2 page children’s book about a rabbit who meets a turtle and they become friends. Canfield High School’s own, Jackson Horvat, has taken this innocent concept and prospered with it through childhood and into teenage years.

“Writing has always been that outlet that I go to. Even when I was little, I would write picture books to give to my parents… I continued that trend to chapter books, but I still used other people’s characters, like Spongebob, when I was younger,” said Horvat.

These early stages of toying around with other, already created characters was just a stepping stone for Horvat.

“When I was 11, my dad sat me down and said ‘look, why don’t you try and use some of your characters, stories and ideas for a change?’ and that is what started a craving of creating my own books,” said Horvat.

After conjuring up the plot of The Vortex Entrance, Horvat sent off to create and expand on his written universe.

“It was a process of writing, then setting it down for a while, then writing more and I did this until I was about 14. My dad started reading it and said that it was good enough to start looking for publishers.”

Horvat had his first book published in 2014 and since has been working on more content.

“My biggest inspiration for writing was just reading and wanting to do what brings me enjoyment.”

Jackson is currently working on book three of the series and is looking forward to a bright future as an author.

– Jared Cross