Places to explore in Mill Creek Park

Have you ever been to Mill Creek Park?

Once the weather gets nice, people start to roam and go outside to find things to do. Mill Creek is one of the many parks in Ohio that many visitors go to. Some of the places you can  enjoy are the Ford Nature Center, Fellows Riverside Gardens, Mill Creek Golf course, Lanterman’s Mill, Lakes and ponds, Nature Preserves, MetroParks Farm, Yellow Creek Park, MetroParks Bikeway, Buckeye Horse Farm, D.D. and Velma Davis Education and Visitor Center, and the Performing Arts Pavilion.

The MetroParks Bikeway is one of the popular places to go at Mill Creek. This bikeway runs from Western Reserve road to the Mahoning/Trumbull County Line in Austintown Township. This 11 mile paved trail is part of the Great Ohio Lake to river Greenway and offers a variety of scenery for hikers, skaters, and bicyclists. The Mill Creek Preserve is located in Boardman township and is about 2 miles of trails that have been created through the wetlands and upland habitats allowing visitors to experience the wildlife up close.

Mill Creek MetroParks farm in Canfield is one of the popular places people visit. They have a hall that is rentable all year around, people hold parties and gatherings here. Also, you can enjoy the archery range located behind the educational complex, and there is the access to the Bikeways. They have a natural playground for your children to enjoy and they have animals that you can go to see and pet.

Lanterman’s Mill is also one of the most popular places that people visit. People go here to enjoy the scenery of the mill, the waterfall beside it and the woods that surround it. The mill is open to the public to go in and tour. The mill was used in the 1800’s for grinding wheat, buckwheat and corn. It is a great experience if you go into the mill and see the machines grinding the grains into flour. If you are in the building when the stones are moving you can actually feel the rumbling vibrations and smell the sweet freshly ground grains.

So, if you haven’t been to any of these places at Mill Creek park you should really go. Everyone always enjoys their time there and you could also learn about the environment, animals, or history from our past. These places are all a good way to get out and enjoy something new.