The arrival of Raising Cane’s

Back to Article
Back to Article

The arrival of Raising Cane’s

Chad Scianna, Senior Contributor

The famous Raising Cane’s is on its way to Boardman, Ohio.

It is undetermined when the chain restaurant will open, but it will be located at 450 Boardman-Poland Rd. Construction has begun on the former Mayo & Associates Inc., Realtors building making way for the next best thing in our area.

Cane’s have recently been moving more into the Northeast Ohio region building upon their 360-plus stores in counting.

The fast-food chain was founded in Baton Rouge, Louisiana by Todd Graves and Craig Silvey on Aug. 26, 1996. According to the Raising Cane’s website, Graves got the worst grade for his business plan for a college course. The professor told him that a chicken finger restaurant would never work. The menu only has one specific item, chicken finger meals that come with their signature “Cane’s sauce.”  At first, it was going to be called “Sockeye’s Chicken Fingers” after the Sockeye Salmon he fished for when he was in Alaska raising his money for the famous chain restaurant. A friend convinced Graves to name it after his dog “Raising Cane” who is a friendly yellow lab.

Canfield High School has mixed emotions about Cane’s opening soon.

Hunter Hale, Senior explained, “I have not had a chance to drive to Kent or North Canton to try the food, but from what I heard, I feel like its going to be good and I’m very excited to try it”.