Christmas movie favorites

Justin Frankford and Bella Morehart

Nothing is better than curling up on the couch with a warm blanket and hot chocolate with your friends and family during the holiday season to watch your favorite Christmas movies. But which movies do we like the best? We surveyed some students to find out.

“Elf” vs “Polar Express”

Elf: Buddy was mistakenly taken to the North Pole as a toddler and was raised among Santa’s elves. He had the feeling he didn’t fit in, and so he travels to New York in search of his real father.

Polar Express: A doubting young boy takes an remarkable train ride to the North Pole, and undertook on a journey of self-discovery that shows him to always believe.

Out of 100 students surveyed, “Elf” came in the lead with 74% against “Polar Express” of 26%.

“How The Grinch Stole Christmas” vs “Home Alone”

The Grinch: This is a children’s tale by Dr. Seuss where the reclusive green Grinch decides to ruin the people of Whovilles’ Christmas. He journeys to Whoville with his dog, Max, and steals everything Christmas related from The Who’s.

Home Alone: is a story about 8 year old Kevin McCallister who acts out before a family Christmas trip to Paris and has to sleep in the attic. His family mistakenly leaves without him and he awakens to an empty house but then soon realizes two con men are planning to rob his home and he has to protect it.

Surprisingly there was an even tie of 50% between the movies.

“A Christmas Story” vs “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation”

A Christmas Story: Ralphie is dreaming of his ideal Christmas gift, a “Red Ryder air rifle”,  but his parents are worried that he’ll shoot his eye out. Even a department store Santa tells him that. A mix of bullies and broken glasses make this movie very funny.

National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation:  As the holidays near, Clark Griswold wants a perfect family Christmas. He pesters his wife and children, making sure everything is in line. But things go bad very quickly. His cousin and his family show up and start living in their camper on their property.

Of 100 students surveyed, 73 votes for “A Christmas Story” against 27 votes for “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation”.

“A Charlie Brown Christmas” vs “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer”

A Charlie Brown Christmas: Is an animated television special based on the comic strip “The Peanuts”. Charlie brown complains about the overwhelming materialism that he sees amongst everyone during the Christmas season, and he tries to find the true meaning of Christmas.

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: Rudolph is the lead reindeer pulling Santa’s sleigh on Christmas Eve with a glowing red nose. He is needed to save the day when an evil queen brews a storm on Christmas.

For our last poll “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” dominated 75% against Charlie Brown of 25%.

About the Writer
Justin Frankford, Sophomore Contributor

Sophomore year. Justin Frankford is eager to start his second year of high school. Justin is looking forward to sophomore year because he has less classes...