Most memorable moments from Avengers: Infinity War

*SPOILER WARNING* Please do not read this before watching the movie, as it practically spoils the whole thing.

“There was an idea, to bring together a group of remarkable people, to see if we could become something more. So when they needed us, we could fight the battles that they never could.”

Well, these people certainly did come together incredibly, and in the newest Marvel movie Avengers: Infinity War, the group is bigger and better than ever. Infinity War is the nineteenth installment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), and it’s the best one yet. It combines every movie in the MCU together to make an immensely action packed film with almost every Marvel superhero you can imagine.  Because of this, the movie is filled with memorable moments. Listed below are my most memorable moments, organized by character.

IRON MAN: New suit reveal

Iron Man debuts his new suit design, and it is epic: it now is able to form around him with the press of a button at any time!

CAPTAIN AMERICA: Fends off Thanos who has five Infinity Stones

Although he fails to stop Thanos, Cap manages to hold him back when he has five of the six Infinity Stones: something that should be impossible.

HULK: “We have a Hulk”

Loki is about to be destroyed by Thanos when suddenly The Hulk comes to the rescue and fends him off!

THOR: His arrival in Wakanda

This is the moment that received applause in many theaters. The Avengers in Wakanda were pretty beaten down by Thanos’s army when Thor (accompanied by Rocket Raccoon and Groot) flies down and shows off the power of his new hammer, successfully destroying the army.

DOCTOR STRANGE: His battle with Thanos

This battle was one of the most entertaining battles in the whole film. Strange manages to multiply himself, and also turn the Mirror Dimension into a swarm of butterflies.

BLACK PANTHER: “Wakanda Forever”

The Black Panther, when faced with Thanos’s alien army attempting to enter Wakanda, manages to put together and lead an army of his own (including some of the Avengers). He sends them off with his iconic quote: “Wakanda Forever”

SCARLET WITCH: Her battle with Thanos and Vision

Scarlet Witch somehow manages to simultaneously fend off a Thanos who has five Infinity stones with one hand, and destroy the sixth Infinity stone in Vision’s head with her other hand.

VISION: “I love you”

Vision, unfortunately, has an Infinity stone in his head. Which means that Thanos is inevitably going to come after him. His girlfriend, Scarlet Witch, is faced with the impossible task of destroying the very thing keeping her boyfriend alive as she is the only one able to do it. His last words? “I love you.”

STAR-LORD: He messed up

Star-Lord, Iron Man, Spiderman, Doctor Strange, Drax, and Mantis were all but seconds away from removing the Infinity Gauntlet (the glove holding the Infinity stones) from Thanos’s hand, when Star-Lord finds out that Thanos sacrificed his girlfriend Gamora. He…does not take it well. Let’s just say that they do not get the gauntlet.

GROOT: Putting together Thor’s new hammer

Groot is going through his teenage years throughout this movie, so he is constantly rebelling against the others. He finally has his big helping moment when Thor is building his new hammer and no one else is able to touch the metal but him. He even burns off one of his branches to assist.

SPIDERMAN: “I don’t wanna go”

This is the most talked about moment from the movie right now, and also the most heart-wrenching. At the end of the movie, many of the characters we know and love begin to turn to dust before our eyes. Spiderman is one of those characters, and he knows it is coming (presumably due to his Spidey-Sense). His heartbreaking last words? “Mr. Stark? I don’t feel so good…I don’t know, I don’t know what’s happening… I don’t… I don’t wanna go, I don’t wanna go… Sir, please… Please. I don’t wanna go. I don’t wanna go. I’m sorry.” Not a dry eye in the theater.

THANOS: The snap

Thanos eventually retrieves all six Infinity stones, and now has the power to destroy half of human population with the snap of his fingers. So what does he do? He snaps.