Entertaining places to hang out with friends

We’ve all been there. At home, bored, slumped on the couch or sprawled across the bed, staring at the ceiling. Finally we decided to text a friend and see if they want to hang out. Then it begins… the seemingly endless question and answers going back and forth:

“What do you wanna do?”

“I don’t know… what do you wanna do?”

“I don’t know…it doesn’t really matter to me.”

While we sit there and ponder, the only things that come to our minds are going to the mall, the movies, bowling, or going out to eat. Basically the only things that we can ever come up with.

But what if there were other places to go with our friends… other things to do or see. Are there any places to go that aren’t the same old, boring hangouts or the usual restaurants?

Well, there are many entertaining, as well as exciting, places to go with friends. Some maybe uncommon, others may just be places that you have heard of but haven’t thought about going to.  Depending on the day or amount of time you have, there are various places to hangout with friends… locally or farther away.

Harbor Pets : 7338 Market St, Boardman, OH 4451. Harbor pets is a great place to go with a group of friends. They have several animals such as  birds, cats, dogs, rabbits, and even rats. Most cages are open so that you can pet and play with the animals. They also have playpens for the dogs, but you have to ask a worker before playing with them. So, if you are an animal lover this is a great place to hangout!

Lily Pond : Lily Pond Circle Trail, Youngstown, OH 44509. The lily pond in mill creek is a beautiful and relaxing place to go with a group of friends. The pond contains fish and turtles that are always found swimming around. The scenery is breathtaking. You could hike one of the trails or just sit back and enjoy the view. Either way, it’s a great place to go with friends while enjoying the nature around you.

Metroparks Farm Sunflower Garden: 7574 Columbiana-Canfield Rd, Canfield, OH 44406. The sunflower garden is a wonderful place to take pictures. Radiant sunflowers are everywhere, making for a gorgeous photoshoot with friends. If  pictures don’t interest you, admiring the outdoors and strolling around is also a great thing to do.

Escape Room: 7253 Glenwood Ave, Youngstown, OH 44512. If solving mysteries and uncovering hidden clues, then this is perfect for you and your friends.  Here, a group of people are put in a room, and left to solve riddles and puzzles, as well as uncover hidden clues, in a certain amount of time. There are two different rooms:  The Vampire’s Lair and Professor Escape’s Potion Class. Each room is unique, but creates tough challenges for you and your friends. (The average price is about $31.50 per person.)

A Christmas Story House: 3159 W 11th St, Cleveland, OH 44109.  Are you a fan of the classic movie “A Christmas Story”? Well if so, then this will be exciting for you and your friends to visit. It’s a cute place to take pictures and reenact scenes from the classic movie. Across the street from this well known house, is a museum that contains original props and costumes from the movie. (General admission is $11 and children 3 to 12 are $8 and anyone younger is free.)

Randyland: 1501 Arch St, Pittsburgh, PA. Whether you like to branch out and experience new places or you just find an interest in art, Randyland is definitely a place to visit. Artist, Randy Gilson has revamped his home, as well as buildings around it, into works of art. These intricate and well done pieces of art attract people from all over.

Colossal Cupcakes: 528 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44114. If you and your friends have a sweet tooth then this is a perfect place for you! Colossal cupcakes has giant cupcakes of all different flavors, they even have gluten free cupcakes. Not only do they have amazing cupcakes they have the cutest decorations inside that makes for perfect pictures with friends.

So, next time you’re bored, and decide to text a friend…instead of sitting around attempting to come up with something fun and new, you can use these suggestions. Hopefully you decide to explore these places and have a great time with your friends. Who knows…maybe you will obtain a new favorite hangout or place to go.  

About the Writer
Serena Pasquale, Junior Contributor

After being a cheerleader all of middle school, Serena Pasquale began to miss the football field once high school began. Performing on the football field in front of the cheering crowd was one of her favorite things to do.

Sophomore year Pasquale joined flagline and was back to performing on the field.

“I heard one of my good friends talking about joining flagline, then she looked at me and told me I should join too. Without any hesitation I joined the team, and I’m so happy I did,” Pasquale said.

Pasquale has been on the Canfield flagline for 2 years now, and is excited to go on to her 3rd year.

Pasquale said, “All of the girls on the team have become really good friends of mine. They are always there for me when I need them, I’m so thankful to be apart of flagline with them.”

She is very excited for the next season and is hoping the football team makes it just as far as they did this year or even farther.

“I also can’t wait to meet the new freshman flagline girls! It will be nice adding more members to our team,” exclaimed Pasquale.

Pasquale encourages everyone to come to the football games this year and to join flagline, they are always looking to add new members!