Top five ways to bring Disney into your quarantine

Anthony Biondillo, Senior Contributor

With spring break on the horizon, many had vacation plans. Unfortunately, many of us have had to cancel our vacation plans because of the Coronavirus.

One of the hardest hit places when it comes to cutting travel is Walt Disney World. Many at Canfield High School had plans to visit “the Happiest Place on Earth, but now with Walt Disney World closed for the rest of the month (and likely closed for most of April), most postponed or canceled their trips.

While this is depressing, that does not mean that everyone’s Spring Break bus be Disney free!

That is why I am putting together a list of The Top 5 Ways to Bring Disney into your Quarantine!

This list is in no particular order, rather it’s just five ways to make these drab days a bit more magical!

With that out of the way, on to the list!

5. A Disney Movie Marathon

This is the most obvious way to bring some Disney magic into your life. With constantly evolving technology, there are more ways now than ever to watch your favorite Disney movies. For the reasonable price of just $6.99 a month you can access almost all of Disney’s films on Disney+.

From Star Wars to Marvel to Pixar to greatest shorts staring the mouse, there is something to please all members of the family. Now, due to the coronavirus, Disney has even released Frozen II (2019) much earlier than expected. There is also Pixar’s latest release Onward (2020) coming to the service on April 3, 2020.

Even if you do not want to buy Disney+, now is the perfect time to dust off the old DVDs or open up a VHS and watch a childhood favorite!

Now, with the hours of down time, you could even catch up on the more obscure films from the Disney library. Dive into the packaged films of the 1940s with The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (1949) or even the lesser known classics of the Disney Renaissance like The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996). Even the documentary series The Imagineering Story (2019) and the documentary films such as Waking Sleeping Beauty (2009) will make any night even more magical!

4. Listen to a Disney Soundtrack

There is nothing like a soundtrack to a Disney movie. From the early music of Pinocchio (1940) and Cinderella (1950) to The Sherman Brother filled soundtracks of The Jungle Book (1967) and Mary Poppins (1964) you a transported to the days of yesteryear with these timeless tunes.

Even if you want to go more recent, the music of Randy Newman in The Toy Story franchise (1995-2019) and Monsters Inc (2001), as well as the late-Howard Ashman and Alan Menken in Aladdin (1992) and Beauty and the Beast (1991) could always put a smile on your face!

If the movie soundtracks aren’t for you you can always listen to the Walt Disney World Official Album to travel back to the Briar Patch with Br’er Rabbit, hit the high seas with Jack Sparrow, or even soar around the world with your favorite Disney parks tunes!

3. Explore Disney Youtube Channels

It’s time to get meta! There are so many fantastic Disney parks related youtube channels worth watching that they are worth their own top 5 list within this top 5 list. To liven up your quarantine blues, watch any of these five youtube channels to be transported back to the Disney parks. In no particular order…

5. DFBGUIDE

For those who are missing their yearly dose of Dole Whip or just want to learn a little more about where to eat and not to eat in Walt Disney World should check out this informative food blog all about the best bites at Walt Disney World!

4. Expedition Theme Park

While not only focusing on the Disney parks, Expedition Theme Park is a great place to learn theme park history about your favorite rides. Ever wonder what Test Track was before the adrenaline filled attraction it now, or even the Muppet land that never came to be? You can find that all out and more on this informative, yet fun youtube channel.

3. Rob Plays

Ever wonder why Splash Mountain’s water smells unique or if you’re movie up or down in the stretching room on The Haunted Mansion? If so Rob Plays is the channel for you! This channel may be the nerdiest choice on my list, but its filled of incredibly entertaining videos about lesser known Disney facts!

2. Offhand Disney

This channels dives deep into the weird and wacky of the Disney parks. From abandoned rides to how Disney is able to manipulate your senses, Offhand Disney is always ready to show you something unique, intriguing, full of conspiracy, and probably connected to The Haunted Mansion.

1.  TheTimTracker

The Tim Tracker is a vlog channel staring Tim and Jenn Tracker, commonly visit the Walt Disney World Parks as Orlando natives. From trying new food, to riding their favorite rides, to showing special events and challenges, TheTimTracker is a phenomenal vlog channel. You get two authentic people sharing their love and passion for the Disney Parks. I know I said this list was not ranked, but TheTimTracker would be a clear number one for me.

There are many more channels that I would love to talk about, but start by exploring these five and in the process you’ll expose yourself to the large community of Disney parks youtube channels.

2. Play a Disney Game

From Disney Monopoly to Tower of Terror Clue and the plethora of Disney trivia games out there, there are plenty of games to choose from.

Are board games and trivia games not for you? That’s ok! There are plenty of Disney video games that are fun for all ages from the Kingdom Hearts franchise to Epic Mickey, there is a Disney game for all ages and all types of players.

1. Watch a Disney Ride Along

Almost every single Disney ride has a youtube video of it, so you can experience the ride from the comfort of your own home!

Not only that, but many closed Disney rides live on on the internet through ride alongs! Experience The Great Movie Ride or Maelstrom one last time!

While obviously this is not as fun or exiting as being in the park, it acts as a great hold over until your next Disney trip. You can also end your night watching the Magic Kingdom fireworks show to end your day in “the Happiest Place on Earth”!

Quick Honorable Mention: The Magic Candle Company

Starting a $15 a candle, The Magic Candle Company can ship the wonderful scents of Walt Disney World and Disneyland to your front door! From Mickey Waffles to The Main Street Bakery, there is a scent to please every Disney fan.

If candles aren’t your thing, The Magic Candle Company also offers air fresheners and sprays to make any room of your house into your Disney dream.

That’s my list! Let me know how you plan on bringing Disney into you quarantine in the comments below! Stay healthy and have a magical day!