Five fun things to do while on lockdown

Soha Bajwa, Sophomore Contributor

Due to these unfortunate times, we are all on lockdown because of the Coronavirus. Many of us are very bored and have nothing to do in our homes. Today, I am here to give you a few fun ideas on what to do in the next few weeks. 

• Make some Friendship Bracelets!

There are so many different friendship bracelets you could make! You can make a classic V shape, a stripe shape, a heart shape, or you could come up with something unique! There’s are endless amounts of designs if you look them up! All you need is embroidery floss, a clipboard, and a pair of scissors. You can purchase some embroidery floss from almost anywhere like Amazon, Walmart, Target, Jo-Ann Fabrics, etc. All you have to do is search up a design and a tutorial and it’s just that easy! It may seem a bit difficult and tiring at first, but you get used to it with practice. You can also make them on the go! Just safety pin it to a pillow or your pants.

• Bake something!

There are so many things out there that you can bake, such as brownies, cookies, and cake! You can find recipes online for almost anything, if not all. You can add a little unique touch in the item you’re baking if you like as well. Even though it can get messy, it’s very fun to do by yourself or with others. And it’s all worth it in the end to taste the delicious thing you made! So if you’re bored and have nothing to do, bake! It’s something you can do if you’re craving a type of dessert that you don’t have at home since you can’t leave because of the stay-at-home order.

• Read a Book!

There are so many good books out there to read! If you love reading, then you may have read a lot of books since the last time we went to school. Even if you have a specific book in mind, but you don’t have it at home, there are many other ways you can read the book without waiting or having to go out! Get an E-Book! There are so many apps available for you in the App Store on iPhones and on Google Play for Androids. Amazon has a wide selection of E-Books you can purchase and audiobooks are also available for purchase on Amazon, iTunes, and more! You can even find audiobooks on YouTube for free!

• You can binge-watch a series on TV!

There are many ways you can binge-watch a whole series on television if it’s not playing live. You can watch almost any show on Netflix, Hulu, or even YouTube! You can watch shows on YouTube for free, but you have to pay for some of them. You can watch any show on Netflix, Hulu, HBO, DisneyPlus, and more! Although you need to pay for a subscription for any of these, it provides you with a huge variety of interesting shows and movies! You don’t even have to leave the house to sign up! Just search any of the providers up online and sign up! Then you definitely won’t be bored!

• FaceTime or Video Chat a Friend!

Even if you want to hang out with friends, you can’t. So call them! You can still see them face to face and it’s closer than you’ll ever get to talk to them in these two weeks. You don’t even necessarily have to talk to them, you can just do your own thing and enjoy their presence. Any Apple device except for the Apple Watch includes a video chatting app called FaceTime. I don’t know if Androids have any apps, but if you don’t have a video chatting app, you can download many apps for it. Even social media is now starting to include these things such as Snapchat and Instagram!

There are many other things you can do, but these are just a few fun things you can do to have fun staying at home! Just make sure you stay safe and healthy! If you get bored, here are a couple of ideas of fun things you can do!