A look into the life of Canfield’s Lamp Person

Eva Lamberson is a junior here at Canfield High School and it can be said that she is a very interesting person. Eva is part of the Speech and Debate team, Model United Nations and an AP Student. However, she can most often be seen running through the hallways looking for coffee. I sat down with Lamberson to get a look into who she really is.

The first thing I did in preparation for this interview was to ask three fellow classmates and one teacher how they would describe Eva in one sentence or less. The responses only made me want to learn more about her.

Fellow junior Jen Smith described Lamberson as “a philosophical little sketch lord who eats pants.”

Zac Sine said, “Eva is very smart, outspoken, and very original.”

The next person I asked was a close friend to Lamberson, Ben Lawson. He said, “She picks fights with me all the time, but that is how she shows her love.”

For a different perspective on Lamberson, I asked Mr. Mike Ruark, an English teacher who has had her in class for the past two years. He described Eva in two words: “Existential despair.”

After hearing these responses, I knew that the first thing I had to do in my interview with Eva was to have her respond to others’ opinions of her.

Eva responded, “These are all pretty accurate, I don’t fight Ben anymore, though. But I’d have to say Ruark was the most accurate.”

To get a feel for who Lamberson truly is, I had her take me through her normal day. This started off pretty interestingly.

She began, “I go to bed at 2 a.m., and then I wake up at 6. I usually wake up on the floor. I’m not sure why, It just happens.”

Outside of her interesting sleep schedule, Eva has a pretty normal day at school. Except for lunch.

At lunch, almost every day, Eva buys a lunch but never eats it. When I asked her why she does this, she said, “I keep trying to figure it out. I keep telling myself I’ll eat it but I never do. It’s just a thing that happens.”

The next topic we talked about was the most important things in Eva’s life. After she pointed out how vague my use of the word “thing” was, she said, “I definitely think it’s me, because I’m my most favorite thing in the world. I’m a big fan of my debit card and coffee as well.”

In my final question to Eva, I asked her to describe herself with four different objects.

These objects were a very angry looking cat, khakis, the U.S. government’s debt and her copy of The Catcher in the Rye. She also added that she wanted the students at CHS to know that she does not eat pants, despite what Jen Smith might say.

Overall, I think Eva Lamberson is a very intriguing person to talk to. She is very intelligent and is a joy to be around. If you don’t know Eva Lamberson, you should get to know her.