What’s new: The Bird Cage

Shirts, scarves and hoodies, oh my! The Birdcage, a spirit store located in Canfield High School sells all of that and more to the students and staff of CHS .

While many people know about this little store, no one really knows the scoop, including the exciting new business partnerships they have made.

The store is primarily run by students in the Introduction to Business  at CHS. Two of the students who play a large role in the decisions and maintenance of the store are junior David Lisowski and senior Molly Raber who have been hard at work continuing to make improvements, even after the store’s opening.

“They opened the Bird Cage last semester, but we have redone it since then. We redid it all this semester. Including all of the displays where we hung the clothes, and we painted the cupboards and the front desk,” explained Raber.

Unlike your average spirit store, the Bird Cage offers a wide variety of things for students to pick from. Working with their administrator of the store, Vicki McGee, they work to bring in new and exciting options into the store.

“We sell clothes, shirts, leggings, and other cardinal wear. We brought in a lot of new stuff from Vicky. She’s the one who helps us get new things. She brought in a bunch of catalogs and circled the stuff that we liked and then she brought it in,” explained Raber.

The store isn’t only known by the students at Canfield High School, it is also been put out to the public, with a little help from The Vindicator.

“Viki has helped us make our store public, getting us in touch with The Vindicator. And they came to interview us to help us get our name out there. They came and interviewed students and put it on the front page of the Vindicator,” Lisowski said.

Even with the endless options available at The Bird Cage, they continue to make new business partnerships, including one that is closely connected to the school.

“We are starting a new membership with Simply Scarves and such. They have three locations  in Salem, Columbiana, and Austintown. The opportunity was brought to them by Vicki Mcgee, the owner of Simply Scarves, who is opening another location soon. They bring scarves in and we sell them to the students,” Raber explained.

With the many options available at The Bird Cage, it is easy to see why more people are taking notice.