Conway takes to morning network shows to explain Flynn’s departure

On NBC’s TODAY Tuesday morning, Counselor to the President, Kellyanne Conway took to the airwaves to make an attempt at explaining the departure of National Security Advisor, General Mike Flynn.

As the Washington Post put it: “Facts and reality: 1. Trump administration: 0.”

Flynn, who resigned late Monday night, has been under fire recently for his ties with Russia and handling of past exchanges with top diplomats–as well as lying to Vice President, Mike Pence and other White House aides.  

The Trump White House has been in its own state of emergency in recent weeks.

Kellyanne Conway, President Trump’s top television surrogate, in an interview with NBC News’ Matt Lauer, stated that General Flynn “knew he’d become a lightning rod,” citing “unsustainable facts.”

Conway said that President Trump had invested his complete confidence into General Flynn following the phone call with Russian diplomats in the heat of the 2016 campaign.

Sally Yates, former Attorney General, informed the White House that Flynn posed as a potential victim to blackmail following the call in late January.

Flynn’s resignation did not take place until February 13.

That leaves an almost one month period that the Trump administration had knowledge of the action by the Justice Department, yet took no action.

The Washington Post notes, “One explanation that makes sense, within the strictures of the fact set that Conway herself offered, is that Flynn’s situation only became ‘unsustainable’ from Trump’s point of view because the facts about the Justice Department’s warnings became public after reporters unearthed them.”

In light of every Trump controversy, Conway is the one running to reporters.

Mrs. Conway does not have clearance to sit in on top principal meetings with White House officials, yet is sent out to speak on behalf of the administration and their actions moving forward.

Sean Spicer, White House Press Secretary, suggested in a press briefing after Conway’s morning news rounds that it was President Trump who asked Flynn to step down.

Conway contradicted that statement.

The White House is in a state of disarray–what is to come next–no one can say–but the only facts that should matter present day aren’t alternative.